New accreditations for AJE
At the end of July the company was successfully audited under the Steel Construction Sustainability Charter illustrating it has nine of 12 requirements for sustainable practice.
These include having in place:
- A published sustainability policy
- A programme of involvement with the local community on social issues and with the steel construction community generally
- An accredited H&SMS to OHSAS 18001
- IIP accreditation or a structured programme for personnel training, development and communication
- A published equal opportunities policy
- And a published ethical trading policy.
- A policy to manage energy and vehicle fuel usage in the business
- A policy to question whether suppliers have published sustainability policies
- An accredited QMS to BS EN ISO 9001
In April, AJE became a silver member with Constructionline which describes itself as being the “most connected and progressive supplier” in its field.
Now, the company has been accredited as a gold member.
Finally, an audit of quality management systems within AJE has shown that the company is able to “consistently provide products and services which exceed customer expectation.”
The audit now means that the firm has made a successful transition to the 2015 requirements of ISO 9001 for its Quality Management System. The transition was possible due the continued efforts of its quality department, managers and all staff on site.